Monday, March 5, 2012

If I Were a Star

If I were a star,
I'd wish to shine shortly but brightly.
I'd wish to die a fiery death
and give birth to other stars and planets.

If I were an universe,
I'd wish to have life.
I'd wish to have creatures
to admire my beauty and rejoice.

If I were an atom,
I'd wish to be carbon.
I'd wish to combine
and create life and reason.

I'm a person,
I dream about the universe,
it's beauty. And I wonder,
"Is it only me?"

This was my little poem (blank, completely non-rhythmical verse).

The Crab Nebula

Image Copyright: Science of Starcraft

If you liked this, you might also like my post on Cool Exoplanets.

2 comments:

  1. This is without a doubt a really nice poem. You may not know who left this comment, but you should know you are not the only one dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear that:) Especially during the "Great Recession."

    ReplyDelete