Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ajax - AZ Alkmaar

I think I fell in love today. The stadium, the fans, the game. Yes, I know it was not a victory, just 2:2. But this is how I would imagine the perfect game - so many emotions! Ajax had the most amazing comeback - they were 0:2 down in the half time but came out for the second half as a completely different team. I can't recall when was the last time I felt so nervous during a penalty. But it was worth it: just to see the explosion of joy on the stadium. The feeling you get when your team scores and you are on the stadium, it does not compare to anything. It's pure hapiness for a few brief seconds. I think my heart stopped around six times in this game: not only for the two goals, but aslo when Ajax hit the post (twice!) and after that when AZ had two chances to score in the second half.
I hope Vermeer gets better soon but the reserve goalie Jasper Cillessen also did a very good job. He saved an almost certain goal in the last minutes. I expect to hear more about him in the future.
Ajax - this team has a real spirit. All the players are so young but you can see that they are fighters. I haven't felt like this towards a team since 2002. I am probably falling in love with the giants from Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment